Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by minaret <mi...@sprynet.com> on 2004/09/06 06:22:51 UTC

Tomcat logging technical tips and software

It took a number of hours to get Apache Tomcat version 5.0.27 and Apache
Velocity 1.4 to create log files the way I wanted them for a production
environment using Log4j. I looked around the Internet and couldn't find a
document that pulled this all together, so I wrote one up. If anyone is
interested, please visit:

	http://minaret.biz/tips/tomcatLogging.html

I also wrote a custom Log4j appender that works in the same manner as the
Tomcat FileLogger. That is available here:

	http://minaret.biz/tips/datedFileAppender.html

Enjoy.