Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Charles Palmer <ch...@dspdesign.com> on 2004/08/10 22:52:47 UTC

What is DTD v2.0 ?

Team

This page: http://forrest.apache.org/docs/upgrading_06.html says this:
"Updated all v1.2 DTDs to become v1.3 DTDs...Updated the v2.0a DTDs to become v2.0 DTDs"

But this page: http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dtd-docs.html only mentions "v13" DTDs, which I take to be V1.3 DTDs for the native Forrest document formats.

I can't see any reference on the Forrest site to v2.0 DTDs other than these.

Also - Nicola Ken Barozzi  suggested "Go with the forrest format, version 2.0, it's the easiest."- which I took to be a reference to DTD v2.0.

What are they? Is this an undocumented DTD for Forrest native documents, or something else. (I think we should be told - ed)

[  Now - apologies to those of you who are not UK citizens and Private Eye readers - search Google for {"I think we should be told" Private Eye} - what this means is - there is something going on here - could those of you who know tell the rest of us :-)  ]

Charles

Re: What is DTD v2.0 ?

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@gmail.com>.
> I can't see any reference on the Forrest site to v2.0 DTDs other than these.

There is no "official" documentation on v2.0 dtd yet, however you can
easily take a look at the DTD files in the forrest distribution. IMHO,
the only significant change between 1.3 and 2.0 is using the <a> tag
instead of <link>.

>From <http://forrest.apache.org/docs/upgrading_06.html>:
Changes from V1.3 to V2.0
=========================
document      - Renamed <link> to <a>
              - Removed <fork> and <jump>.  If desired,
                that functionality can be handled via
                the use of the class attribute on <a>.
faq           - Renamed <part> to <faqsection>
              - @title attribute on <faqs> is now a nested
                <title> element
              - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0
changes       - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0
howto         - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0
todo          - Same changes as in document between 1.3 and 2.0

HTH
Diwaker
--
Diwaker Gupta