Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/07/26 17:59:56 UTC

[VOTE RESULTS]: Xerces-J 2.7.1 Release on Tuesday, July 26th

The vote on the Xerces-J 2.7.1 release resulted in 5 +1 votes (3 from PMC
members, 2 from other Xerces-J committers) and no other votes:

+1 by:
- Michael Glavassevich (PMC)
- Gareth Reakes (PMC)
- Neil Graham (PMC)
- Sandy Gao
- Neil Delima

The release is still on track for today; should be up on the mirrors some
time this evening.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 07/21/2005 11:44:47 AM:

> Hi PMCers,
>
> When the Xerces-J 2.7.0 release was set for last month it was planned
that
> it would be shortly before the Xalan-J 2.7.0 release. The release dates
> were chosen so that the Apache JAXP 1.3 implementation would contain the

> most recent work done in both the Xerces-J and Xalan-J communities. I
> understand that the Xalan committers wanted more time to fix bugs so
their
> original July 15th release date has slipped to August 4th. Since 2.7.0
> we've fixed a few schema related bugs (some more significant fixes are
on
> the way in the next few days). So that Xalan-J 2.7.0 can pick up these
> recent bug fixes before their code freeze next week, I propose that we
> have a Xerces-J 2.7.1 release on Tuesday, July 26th. This also gives us
an
> opportunity to improve the documentation as a number of the questions
> we've received on the users list since we released 2.7.0 are deserving
of
> FAQs. I ask that PMCers have their vote in by Monday.
>
> To start, here's my +1.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Parser Development