Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Winters <ch...@cwinters.com> on 2001/02/07 06:46:49 UTC

Re: [Templates] Re: ANNOUNCE: OpenInteract Web Application Server

* L.M.Orchard (deus_x@pobox.com) [010207 00:07]:

> So, I'm trying to install OpenInteract now since from 50,000 ft it sounds a
> lot like what I was trying to do with Iaido.  Using Template Toolkit for the
> presentation...  abstracted data management...  Need to look around more.
> I'd be more than glad to help you and maybe even have Iaido get eaten up by
> your project since I seem to have lost the momentum to sustain it by myself.
> There are a lot of neat things going in in Iaido, and still on my TODO list
> for it to get completely tossed, though.  (Like, I really want to get that
> FTPd interface to the data store up and running again :) )
>
> Anyway, having major problems getting past the oi_manage install_sql step so
> far, maybe I'll post to the -dev list or the bugs on sourceforge.

It's probably early to talk about one project swallowing another :-)
I'm certainly not shy about looking for great ideas wherever they
are. And now that OpenInteract is out I hope to take a step back and
look at other environments for inspiration. (Building some services on
top of POE would be extremely cool, for starters.)

One of the things OpenInteract has going for it is that a company
(intes.net) uses it constantly and pays people to develop applications
for it. I'm finding how difficult it is to do more programming after
hours, even fun stuff like this.

This is getting rapidly OT. Moving this onto the -dev list is a good
idea.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Winters (chris@cwinters.com)
Building enterprise-capable snack solutions since 1988.