Posted to user@flink.apache.org by jelmer <jk...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/29 16:45:15 UTC

queryable state and maintaining all time counts

Hi,

I've been going through various talks on flink's support for queryable
state. Like this talk by Jamie Grier at 2016's Flink forward :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuv-lnOrD0o

I see how you can easily use this to produce time series data. Eg calculate
the number of events per hour.

But I am wondering how one would go about using it for also maintaining all
time counts. Eg count the number of events since the beginning of time. Is
anybody doing this ? And if so what is your strategy ?