Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2014/07/07 17:14:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.9.0-0

The PyLucene 4.9.0-0 release tracking the recent release of Apache Lucene
4.9.0 is ready.

******* <ATTENTION> *******

Starting with release 4.8.0, Lucene now requires Java 1.7 at the minimum.
Using Java 1.6 with Lucene 4.8.0 and newer is not supported.

On Mac OS X, Java 6 is still a common default, please upgrade if you haven't
done so already. A common upgrade is Oracle Java 1.7 for Mac OS X:
   http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/mac/mac-jdk.html

On Mac OS X, once installed, a way to make Java 1.7 the default in your bash
shell is:
   $ export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home`
Be sure to verify that this JAVA_HOME value is correct.

On any system, if you're upgrading your Java installation, please rebuild
JCC as well. You must use the same version of Java for both JCC and PyLucene.

******* </ATTENTION> *******

A release candidate is available from:
http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/

A list of changes in this release can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/branches/pylucene_4_9/CHANGES

PyLucene 4.9.0 is built with JCC 2.20 included in these release artifacts.

A list of Lucene Java changes can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_4_9_0/lucene/CHANGES.txt

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 4.9.0-0.
Anyone interested in this release can and should vote !

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/dist/KEYS
http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/KEYS

pps: here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.9.0-0

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed.
Thank you all who voted !

Andi..

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

I ran my usual smoke test: index first 100K docs from Wikipedia (en),
do a few searches, run forceMerge.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

I ran the IndexFiles.py and SearchFiles.py samples from <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/pylucene/trunk/samples/> against the Lucene trunk source directory.

Steve

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

Posted by Aric Coady <ar...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 7, 2014, at 8:14 AM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

> The PyLucene 4.9.0-0 release tracking the recent release of Apache Lucene 4.9.0 is ready.
>

> ******* <ATTENTION> *******
>
> Starting with release 4.8.0, Lucene now requires Java 1.7 at the minimum.
> Using Java 1.6 with Lucene 4.8.0 and newer is not supported.
>
> On Mac OS X, Java 6 is still a common default, please upgrade if you haven't done so already. A common upgrade is Oracle Java 1.7 for Mac OS X:
>  http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/mac/mac-jdk.html
>
> On Mac OS X, once installed, a way to make Java 1.7 the default in your bash shell is:
>  $ export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home`
> Be sure to verify that this JAVA_HOME value is correct.
>
> On any system, if you're upgrading your Java installation, please rebuild
> JCC as well. You must use the same version of Java for both JCC and PyLucene.
>
> ******* </ATTENTION> *******
>

> A release candidate is available from:
> http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/
>
> A list of changes in this release can be seen at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/branches/pylucene_4_9/CHANGES
>
> PyLucene 4.9.0 is built with JCC 2.20 included in these release artifacts.
>
> A list of Lucene Java changes can be seen at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/tags/lucene_solr_4_9_0/lucene/CHANGES.txt
>
> Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 4.9.0-0.
> Anyone interested in this release can and should vote !

+1.  No issue found.  And I’ll update the homebrew formula when it’s released.

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1