Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org> on 2007/06/24 09:14:34 UTC

Is ActiveMQ.Agent auth possible?

  I've encountered a strange problem with the ActiveMQ.Agent and auth.  If auth for destinations is defined, ActiveMQ fails on startup as it can't create the ActiveMQ.Agent queue.  This is with a recent 5.0 snaphost.

  This is the error:

java.lang.Exception: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.activemq.broker.util.CommandAgent' defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Invocation of init
method failed; nested exception is javax.jms.JMSException: User name or password is invalid.

  I've seen that someone else has encountered the same problem on an older version of ActiveMQ:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-users/200612.mbox/%3C7711997.post@talk.nabble.com%3E

and the solution was to just to disable the command agent?

  So, is the ActiveMQ.Agent destination simply incompatible with auth?

  Is what is missing, is the ability for the commandAgent to take a username, and password attributes, so the agent can login into the broker?

Tom