Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Ayad Al-Qershi <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 10:52:46 UTC

why log-likelihood similarity is faster than Tanimoto coefficient

Dear All,

can anyone tell me why running the recommender job with log-likelihood
similarity performs better (faster) than Tanimoto on the same dataset ?

Thank you,

Iyad

Re: why log-likelihood similarity is faster than Tanimoto coefficient

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I don't expect they are different in speed. Both do about exactly the
same thing and finish with a simple computation.

Posted by manish dunani <ma...@gmail.com>.
I was also noted loglikelihood is little bit faster than tanimoto .In the
sense it do not compute any preferences.so,that's why i feel the same.

--
MANISH DUNANI
-THANX

Re: why log-likelihood similarity is faster than Tanimoto coefficient

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.
Ayad,

we need a little more details. How much faster is it, how does your data
look like? Where do you run the algorithm?

Can you provide us with the output of the jobs?

--sebastian