Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Faust <CF...@doyougot.com> on 2003/03/31 15:42:48 UTC

Recompiling Apache

Hello Group,

I want to add the rewrite module to my apache and it would appear I have to
recompile apache to do so..
Does this mean I'll need to redo mod_perl after Apache as well?

RH 8
Apache 2.044
mod_perl 1.99.09

Thanks
-Chris

Re: Recompiling Apache

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Chris Faust wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I want to add the rewrite module to my apache and it would appear I have to
> recompile apache to do so..
> Does this mean I'll need to redo mod_perl after Apache as well?
>
> RH 8
> Apache 2.044
> mod_perl 1.99.09

If it's a DSO module and you just add another module in without changing the
core you don't need to recompile DSO. I believe you don't even need to
recompile Apache itself, if mod_rewrite can be compiled as DSO, but I haven't
tried that.