Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Brian D. Johnson" <br...@thejohnsonfamily.name> on 2015/02/03 15:37:50 UTC

Re: Why does the AdvisoryConsumer only ACK messages once it reaches 75% of prefetch?

The default topic prefetch in ActiveMQPrefetchPolicy is 32767, which means
the broker is keeping around references to at least ~24500 messages per
client before the client's first ACK.  Unless there is an extremely high
volume of temporary destinations being created, this 75% limit seems to be
set arbitrarily high based on ActiveMQ's default configuration.  I second
the request to revisit this.  At a minimum, the 75% threshold should be
reduced to something more reasonable.  Ideally, the ActiveMQ client would
auto-ACK Advisory messages or provide a configuration option (for clients
experiencing performance issues) to ACK these messages in reasonable batch
sizes.