Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <im...@apache.org> on 2004/06/17 08:02:10 UTC

adding jakarta commons-compress to gump

Hello!

This might be a FAQ, but i didnt managed to find the correct search
keywoards to find the information.

I use commons-compress to handle bzip2 files in commons-vfs, now its
build fails on gump as there is no commons-compress available in gump.
A short pointer how to add it to gump would be nice.

I already created a gump.xml using "maven gump", but now ....
Should i add it to /gump/project/jakarta-commons-sandbox.xml in gumps cvs?

Thanks!

---gump.xml---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<module name="commons-compress">
  <description>Commons Compress</description>
  <url href="http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/compress/index.html">
  </url>
  <cvs module="jakarta-commons-sandbox/compress" repository="jakarta">
  </cvs>
  <project name="commons-compress">
    <ant buildfile="build.xml" target="dist">
      <property name="final.name" value="commons-compress-@@DATE@@">
      </property>
    </ant>
    <package>org.apache.commons.compress.*</package>
    <depend project="jakarta-ant">
    </depend>
    <depend project="junit">
    </depend>
    <depend project="xml-xerces">
    </depend>
    <work nested="target/classes">
    </work>
    <home nested="target">
    </home>
    <jar name="commons-compress-@@DATE@@.jar">
    </jar>
    <javadoc module="jakarta-commons-sandbox" nested="target/docs/apidocs">
    </javadoc>
    <nag to="commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org" from="commons-compress
development &lt;commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&gt;">
    </nag>
  </project>
</module>
---gump.xml---

--
Mario

Re: adding jakarta commons-compress to gump

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Could you please have a look if this looks good?

Sure.

> As a commons comitter i
> should be able to commit this change to gump, right?

All ASF commiters can.

> But i dont wont to break the whole sandbox module due to an incorrect
> addition - is there a change to check this before such a change gets
> committed?

You could preview it (if you installed Gump) but I'd not worry too much.
Until we implement a remote service (some webapp or something) to help you,
I'd not worry.

> --cut--
>   <project name="commons-compress">
>     <package>org.apache.commons.compress</package>
>     <description>Commons Compression Package</description>
>     <maven basedir="compress" goal="jar">
>       <property name="component.version"  value="@@DATE@@"/>
>     </maven>
>
>     <depend project="jakarta-ant" />
>     <depend project="junit" />
>     <depend project="xml-xerces" />
>
>     <work nested="target/classes" />
>     <home nested="compress/target" />
>
>     <jar name="compress/target/commons-compress-@@DATE@@.jar" />
>
>     <javadoc nested="target/docs/apidocs" />
>
>     <nag to="commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org" from="commons-compress
> development &lt;commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&gt;" />
>
>   </project>
> --cut--

Go for it, thanks! It could work first time, it might need a tweak, but
[from what I see] I doubt it'll break anything.

regards

Adam

Re: adding jakarta commons-compress to gump

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <im...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>I already created a gump.xml using "maven gump", but now ....
>>Should i add it to /gump/project/jakarta-commons-sandbox.xml in gumps cvs?
>>

>Might be a good idea. Just the project, not the whole module. Also, you
>might need to tweak to the fact that it is inside that 'larger' module (so
>adding an extra path entry for it's own dir.)

Could you please have a look if this looks good? As a commons comitter i

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Could you take a look at the <maven entries here (below) and edit your file?

    http://gump.apache.org/metadata/maven.html

[BTW: This is new, the maven gump goal is being changed. Feedback welcomed.]

and an example, look at commons-id in here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/project/jakarta-commons-sandbox.xml?rev=1.161&view=markup

If no joy, remind me tomorrow and I'll help then. Gotta run now.