Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Ralph van Etten <ra...@profitnederland.nl> on 2008/09/09 10:39:05 UTC

application including xml security c 1.4.0 does not compile with gcc and -pedantic

Hi,

I have an application which uses xml security c 1.4.0
If the application is compiled using gcc (version 4.1.2) and the -pedantic
option, the compiler gives the following errors:

DSIGTransform.hpp:34: error: extra ‘;’
DSIGTransform.hpp:35: error: extra ‘;’
etc.

if I look at the source there is the following line in
xsec/dsig/DSIGTransform.hpp :

    XSEC_DECLARE_XERCES_CLASS(DOMNode);

Looking at xsec/framework/XSECDefs.hpp this expands into :

    namespace XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE { class DOMNode; };

gcc complains about this last ; when using -pedantic

Is this intentional ? Should xml-security-c not be compiled with -pedantic
or is it something which needs fixing in the xml security sources ?

Thanks,

Ralph.

RE: application including xml security c 1.4.0 does not compile with gcc and -pedantic

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> > Is this intentional ? Should xml-security-c not be compiled with -pedantic
> > or is it something which needs fixing in the xml security sources ?
>
> It's a bug.

Though...I should note, I see a lot of code lying around that closes a namespace block with a semicolon.

-- Scott

RE: application including xml security c 1.4.0 does not compile with gcc and -pedantic

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.