Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Francesc Alted <fa...@pytables.org> on 2009/03/05 11:27:32 UTC

Re: AW: No ImagePreloader found for *.svg [SOLVED]

Well, after some digging on my system, I noticed this:

/usr/lib64/jvm/java -> /etc/alternatives/java_sdk

*and*

/etc/alternatives/java_sdk -> /usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj

so, it seems that the java home was incorrectly set to the gcj one!  After doing
this:

/etc/alternatives/java_sdk -> /usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0/

everything works ok now.  Here it is the log of my fop run on my test file:

$ fop -v usersguide.fo usersguide.pdf
FOP Version 0.95
[WARN] FontInfo - Font 'Symbol,normal,700' not found. Substituting with
'Symbol,normal,400'.
[WARN] FontInfo - Font 'ZapfDingbats,normal,700' not found. Substituting with
'ZapfDingbats,normal,400'.
[WARN] BreakingAlgorithm - Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by
32000mpt. (fo:block, location: 2/35840)
[WARN] FontInfo - Font 'ZapfDingbats,italic,400' not found. Substituting with
'ZapfDingbats,normal,400'.

which is completely fine! :)

I don't know why the java home was set to be the gcj, but this seems a problem
with the configuration of java package in openSUSE, because I explicitly
selected the Sun JVM through:

$ sudo /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --config java

There are 3 alternatives which provide `java'.

  Selection    Alternative
          1    /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.5.0-gcj/bin/java
*         2    /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun/bin/java
 +        3    /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java

Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number: 2

and, for some reason, the command changed the /etc/alternatives/java link, but
did not succeed in (or forgot about) changing the /etc/alternatives/java_sdk
link :-((.

Well, I suppose that I should file a bug to openSUSE.

A lot of thanks for your help!  At least it served to me to figure out that
the problem had to be in my system.

Francesc

Re: AW: No ImagePreloader found for *.svg [SOLVED]

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 05 Mar 2009, at 11:27, Francesc Alted wrote:

> /etc/alternatives/java_sdk -> /usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj
>
> so, it seems that the java home was incorrectly set to the gcj one!
> After doing
> this:

OK, that makes sense. GCJ comes bundled with its own GNU XML parser,
which I know misses some SAX features that Xalan requires, like
LexicalHandler... (maybe Batik requires those missing features too,
I'm not sure)

Glad to see it was not a FOP/XG Commons bug! :-)

Andreas