Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/06/22 16:45:45 UTC

Low to zero-cost Cocoon hosting?

Is there such a service for non-commercial Cocoon apps?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

Re: Low to zero-cost Cocoon hosting?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 22 juin 04, à 16:45, Derek Hohls a écrit :

> Is there such a service for non-commercial Cocoon apps?

Depending on what you mean by low-cost, you might want to look at
virtual servers  - you can get the functionality of a dedicated server
for a few tenths of euro a month, for example at
http://www.bytemark-hosting.co.uk/ or http://www.greatnet.de/.

-Bertrand

Re: Low to zero-cost Cocoon hosting?

Posted by Thomas Nichols <nx...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Derek Hohls wrote:

>Is there such a service for non-commercial Cocoon apps?
>
>Thanks
>Derek

IIRC http://www.myjavaserver.com has some Cocoon support, not sure how
active. Do post your findings.
    - Thomas.

Re: Low to zero-cost Cocoon hosting?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Dale Christ wrote:

>Derek--
>
>I've been looking at astra hosting (http://www.astrahosting.com).  I'm
>not sure if they do cocoon specifically, but that might be worth a
>look.
>
>The plans use a shared JVM, so that might be a problem.  You can ask
>for a private JVM, but I'm sure that will cost you more...

I use AOindustries.com, which I have been happy with so far. For $500pa
you're able to run a number of Tomcat installations, with decent shell
access. I have one site that is generated there overnight using the
Cocoon Ant task triggered as a cron job, then served statically, and
others that are served dynamically via Cocoon. Setting up Cocoon there
isn't that hard either (ssh to server, download archive, unpack, build,
copy to relevant folder, restart webapp via control panel).

Regards, Upayavira

Posted by Dale Christ <gr...@gmail.com>.
Derek--