Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by dave selby <da...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/24 12:01:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: ServerPath unexpected results

On 24/03/2008, dave selby <da...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have named vhosting for two sites kmotion & testbed working AOK on
>  LAN with hosts file set up as 127.0.0.1 for kmotion & testbed.
>
>  However in the WAN where no DNS points to this machine I have a dydns
>  account so I have its IP. I need to access the vhosts by name.
>
>  A helpful guy on IRC suggested registering a domain etc  but the
>  problem is this is a package that needs to be installed and run
>  without users having to register domains. Needs to be accessable out
>  of the box.
>
>  So I turned to 'ServerPath'. Googled some examples and tried it. I did
>  not get what I expecte
>
>  xx.xx.xx.xx/kmotion
>
>  Gives me a directory listing of /home/dave/kmotion and access to
>  users_digest ... yikes !! I though apache would only server everything
>  below /home/dave/kmotion/www as per 'DocumentRoot'
>
>  Any ideas what is happening
>
>  Cheers
>
>  Dave
>

>   1 NameVirtualHost *:80
>   2
>   3 <VirtualHost *:80>
>   4
>   5     ServerName kmotion
>   6     ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>   7     DocumentRoot /home/dave/kmotion/www
>   8     ServerPath /kmotion
>   9
>   10     <Directory /home/dave/kmotion/www>
>   11         Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>   12         AllowOverride None
>   13         Order allow,deny
>   14         allow from all
>   15
>   16         # secure login ...
>   17         AuthType Basic
>   18         AuthName "kmotion"
>   19         AuthUserFile /home/dave/kmotion/apache2_config/users_digest
>   20         #AuthAuthoritative on
>   21         Require valid-user
>   22     </Directory>
>   23
>   24     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error_kmotion.log
>   25
>   26     # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
>   27     LogLevel warn
>   28
>   29     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access_kmotion.log combined
>   30
>   31     Alias /camera_select/ /home/dave/kmotion/www/images/camera_select/
>   32     Alias /view_select/ /home/dave/kmotion/www/images/view_select/
>   33     Alias /misc/ /home/dave/kmotion/www/images/misc/
>   34     Alias /function_select/ /home/dave/kmotion/www/images/function_select/
>   35     Alias /images/ /home/dave/kmotion/images/
>   36
>   37 </VirtualHost>
>

>  --
>
>  Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>  See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

How many times can you look at the same code & not see the obvious ? -
when I am xx.xx.xx.xx/kmotion its accessing testbed which has
'DocumentRoot' set to /home/dave/kmotion ... opps.

However 'ServerPath /kmotion' does not direct 'xx.xx.xx.xx/kmotion' to
kmotion vhost, it goes to the default testbed instead.

Dave