Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Frank Cohen <fc...@pushtotest.com> on 2006/05/07 20:25:40 UTC

SOAP Wizard improvements

Now that TestMaker 4.4 is out I am returning to the SOAP Wizard. I am
seeking your help at a better design. TestMaker has a utility to
create jUnit TestCase classes from a WSDL document. It is similar in
function to wsdl2java.

The current code looks at the WSDL definition for a service using
SOAP encoding and stubs out the parameters to make it easier for the
user to know how to construct the SOAP request.

For a SOAP service using Document-literal or wrapped attributes I
would like to stub-out the attributes in a set of JDOM or Xerces
calls to construct the request. I have not found a library to help me
do this. Right now, just like with wsdl2java, the stub takes an
object and it's up to the user to figure out the correct parameters
within that object.

I experimented with wsdl2java in Axis 1.3. It does a good job - very
simple - at taking a WSDL document and create a client stub to call
the service. It would be easy to create the following in TestMaker:

wsdl2java -> compile into jar -> dynamic load jar in Jython -> write
jython TestCase script

but just as good is

wsdl4j -> write a Jython TestCase script

The problem is in support of complex data types. Neither gives you
support for easy (GUI-based, JDOM based, or Xerces based) creation of
the request document.

I have not found an open-source class that understands how to marshal
parameters for a Document-literal encoded SOAP call using complex
data types. Any ideas?

-Frank

Re: SOAP Wizard improvements

Posted by An...@mro.com.
try XMLBeans [xmlbeans.apache.org].
thanks
Anamitra

             "Davanum
             Srinivas"
             <davanum@gmail.co                                          To
             m>                        axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             05/07/2006 03:56
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: SOAP Wizard improvements

             Please respond to
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

I've heard that people have used the mythical JROM
(http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/jrom) for this purpose....

-- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.