Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ar...@exoplatform.com> on 2009/08/14 11:39:44 UTC

Java version to release

Hi,
  I'm releasing a shared component (maven-common-artifact-filter) and I'm
following our guide (
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html) which says to use
java 1.4.
  When I launch the release:prepare goal I receive the error :
Java specification version: 1.4
This release of Maven requires Java version 1.5 or greater.

  Even if maven core 2.2 is compatible with Java 1.5+, I think that our
plugins and shared components have to continue to be compatible with 1.4 to
be used in/with maven 2.0.X ?

Cheers,

Arnaud

# Arnaud Héritier
# Software Factory Manager
# eXo Platform
# http://www.exoplatform.com
# http://blog.aheritier.net

Re: Java version to release

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
kohsuke has started the process to push animal sniffer to central

Sent from my [rhymes with myPod] ;-)

Re: Java version to release

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java version to release

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: Java version to release

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ar...@exoplatform.com>.
Thx to Stephane Nicoll who pointed me on the problem.The last bullet in
prerequisites says that we can use maven 2.2, but it is false because we
cannot use it to release plugins or shared components. I didn't understand
that it was maven which didn't want to start.
I have to come back to maven 2.0.10 for the release.

Cheers,

Arnaud

# Arnaud Héritier
# Software Factory Manager