Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/06/08 08:35:58 UTC

[BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Hi all,

I've published the BCEL website after reverting the package rename. Here
[1] is the Clirr report of the current code base.

Benedikt

[1] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-bcel/clirr-report.html

Re: Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Andrey Loskutov <lo...@gmx.de> schrieb am Mo., 13. Juni 2016 um
> 14:15 Uhr:

> Okay, so you would like to see an RC with the current state of trunk?!

+1

Jochen

Re: Re: Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by Andrey Loskutov <lo...@gmx.de>.
> From: "Benedikt Ritter" <br...@apache.org>
> To: "Commons Developers List" <de...@commons.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report
> > So from my limited FindBugs point of view we can release BCEL6 as it is
> > today on trunk.
> >

> Okay, so you would like to see an RC with the current state of trunk?!

Sure. Sooner is better, just to finish this impossible "10 years without release" state.
I hope to get some time to verify if FindBugs run with with RC over the weekend.

Regards,
Andrey

Re: Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrey Loskutov <lo...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 12:03 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'd suggest to leave the java.io.Serializable stuff, as it is. In
>> practice, this will only be noticed, if anyone is actually
>> serializing/deserializing these items, and I assume that the interface
>> has been removed for a reason. (Meaning: Although the interface
>> declaration is present, they most likely aren't actually
>> serializable.)
>
> I don't follow what you are suggesting.
> Serializable has been removed from everything, as it does not make
> sense to serialise BCEl and anyway was not supported properly.
> Are you suggesting implements Serializable should be restored?

No, I propose to leave it, as it is now, and ignore this in the clirr report.
Although removing the interface java.io.Serializable does formally constitute
a binary incompatibiliy, this is unlikely to constitute a problem. And
those, who
will notice, will typically notice at runtime anyways, because these
classes are declared Serializable, although they aren't really.

Jochen

Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [BCEL] Latest Clirr report