Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 17:09:38 UTC

hbase.regionserver.handler.count

In the HBase book it states:

" It is safe to set that number to the maximum number of incoming
clients if their payload is small...."

We have around 100 rails application servers so is this say its safe
(and recommended) to bump this number up from the default 10 to 100?

Thanks for the help.

Re: hbase.regionserver.handler.count

Posted by Karthik Ranganathan <kr...@fb.com>.
@Mark - like Doug said its dependent on the hardware SKU and load type. We
(at FB) are using 300 handlers on a box with 16 cores and 48G (24G for RS).

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Yep, I'll update it.  Thanks for point that out.

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi there, per..