Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com> on 2021/05/07 16:58:29 UTC

Re: Questions regarding sql windows functions using apache ignite: is sql windows function supported in ignite?

Hi,

Current H2-based SQL engine doesn't support windows functions.
Now we are working on new SQL engine. [1]

Now windows functions isn't high priority feature.
Welcome to contribution! Please take a look at the dev-branch [2].

[1].
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-37%3A+New+query+execution+engine
[2]. https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/sql-calcite

On 05.05.2021 14:34, Xi Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Xi Wang and I am a developer from Clobotics. For now we are testing the performance of ignite, and the way we are doing is to insert some tables and then write sql queries to check the running time.
>
> I am trying to add some windows functions into my query, something like over(partition by something order by something). I use it very often on SQL Server and Oracle, but I never succeeded when using ignite. I saw some posts from ignite community saying that windows function was not supported, and the post was from 2018.
>
> So could you please tell me whether windows function is currently compatible to Ignite or not for now? If the answer is yes, could you send me some examples? At least I couldn’t found anything on google.
>
> I would really appreciate your help.
>
> Bests,
> Xi

Taras Ledkov