Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Eldad Yamin <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/03 15:28:31 UTC

Install Cassandra on EC2

Hi,
Is there any manual or important notes I should know before I try to install
Cassandra on EC2?

Thanks!

Re: Install Cassandra on EC2

Posted by Eldad Yamin <el...@gmail.com>.
HI Aaron,
Thanks for your replay.

I've already saw that, but at the moment I'm interesting in installing
Cassandra from scratch - I want to learn.
well, yesterday I've installed 1 node - now I'm looking on how to add more
nodes and read more about Cassandra's tools (node reaper etc.)

Thanks!

Re: Install Cassandra on EC2

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Pre build AMI here

Re: Install Cassandra on EC2

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Install Cassandra on EC2

Posted by Dave Viner <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eldad,

Check out http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CloudConfig
There are a few ways listed there including a step-by-step guide.

Dave Viner

Re: Install Cassandra on EC2

Posted by Eldad Yamin <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Re: Install Cassandra on EC2

Posted by John Conwell <jo...@iamjohn.me>.
One thing you might want to look at is the Apache Whirr project (which is
awesome by the way!).  It automagically handles spinning up a cluster of
resources on EC2 (or rackspace for that matter), installing and configuring
cassandra, and starting it.

One thing to be aware of if you go this route.  By default in the yaml file
all data is written under the /var folder.  But on a server started by
Whirr, this folder only has something like 4gb.  Most of the  hard disk
space is under the /mnt folder.  So you'll either need to change what
folders are pointed to what drives (not sure if you can or not...I'm sure
you could), or change the yaml file to point the /mnt folder.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Eldad Yamin <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any manual or important notes I should know before I try to
> install Cassandra on EC2?
>
> Thanks!

John C