Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Phil Riethmuller <pr...@funnelback.com> on 2016/08/11 23:04:00 UTC

Debugging missing content

HI -

What is the best approach to debugging missing content from a Sharepoint
repository? I have a Sharepoint repository restricted to a specific site
path, and have the following rules setup in the Job:

Path matchRule typeAction
/*.CSSfileexclude
/*.cssfileexclude
/*.GIFfileexclude
/*.giffileexclude
/*.JPEGfileexclude
/*.jpegfileexclude
/*.JPGfileexclude
/*.jpgfileexclude
/*.PNGfileexclude
/*.pngfileexclude
/*.xls*fileexclude
/*.XLS*fileexclude
/*.JSfileexclude
/*.jsfileexclude
/*/Lists/Calendar/*fileexclude
/*fileinclude
/*libraryinclude
/*listinclude
/*siteinclude

I¹m running the search with the debug mode turned on in the properties.xml
file:
<property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors" value="DEBUG²/>

However, even with this turned on there are no references to the documents
I¹m missing in any of the logs.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Phil

Re: Debugging missing content

Posted by Phil Riethmuller <pr...@funnelback.com>.
Thanks Karl -

Makes sense. I¹ll look into it further with this in mind.

Phil

From:  Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>
Date:  Friday, 12 August 2016 at 9:22 AM
To:  "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <us...@manifoldcf.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Debugging missing content

It sounds like the documents you are looking for aren't being discovered.
Can you characterize what kind of documents they are?

Documents are processed hierarchically in the SharePoint connector, so if
there is a missing rule at a top level, the stuff underneath it won't be
discovered.  However, there will be debug output in the log for every
inclusion/exclusion decision, so you can just chase up the path and start
looking at the root.

Also please be aware that with lots of log output, the logs may very well
roll, and you will need to look through multiple files.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.