Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Patel Ashok <Ap...@worlddocument.com> on 2007/02/07 19:15:18 UTC

Using SSL data-connection

Does this "Apache FTP Server" by default support secure and non-secure
data connections?

I am using default "ftpd.properties file".

in TLS/SSL Support section, it says

    Explicit Security

In this mode server supports both secure and non-secure connection. Upon
request from client (AUTH SSL) the server switches to the SSL/TLS mode.

In this case, the default server socket factory
(org.apache.ftpserver.socketfactory.FtpSocketFactory) has to be used.
 >> in above statement, it looks like DEFAULT server factory is
"org.apache.ftpserver.socketfactory.FtpSocketFactory"

How can I test SSL data-connection from Internet Explorer ?

Thanks,
Ashok