Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Daniel Del Castillo Perez <dd...@hotels.com> on 2015/10/28 12:04:31 UTC

Support for Oozie coordinator properties upon scheduling

Hi there,

We are interested in the possibility of including a set of additional properties when scheduling entities (specifically jobs.) I've been looking through the code and I've seen some support for this has been introduced but the feature ins't implemented yet. I've browsed Jira looking for such ticket but I couldn't find it.

I already have an implementation in my local repository which I have tested with one of my jobs. I'll be happy to contribute this code code if no one is working on this at the moment.

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel

Re: Support for Oozie coordinator properties upon scheduling

Posted by Ajay Yadav <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

If you don't see a JIRA which is assigned to someone, you can safely assume
that no one is working on it. Please create a JIRA and submit your patch so
that we can review/commit it. We love new community members and all
contributions are appreciated. Let us know if you need any help.

Posted by Daniel Del Castillo Perez <dd...@hotels.com>.
Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

FALCON-1434 is the ticket I¹m talking about - it is a really useful
feature.

I¹ll check the related tickets and rise a new JIRA with the patch as
required.

Regards,
Daniel

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
Daniel,
Are you saying that you want to supply properties (during schedule) over
and above the ones that you have already defined in the Entity
specification? If so, with FALCON-1434, we kind of opened up the schedule
API to accept properties. These properties were intended for future use
such as supplying scheduling instructions and can be used to pass along
properties to Oozie. We haven't nailed down the details yet.

Also, we were planning to introduce properties support at a global level
with provisions to override during entity submit/schedule. Again, we
haven't nailed down the details.  Plan to start work on this in a couple
of weeks time. In the meanwhile, please free to raise a JIRA and submit
your patch. We might be able to absorb the patch as-is or might need to
hold off till we have our "properties support" story clear.

Thanks and regards,
Pallavi

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Daniel Del Castillo Perez <
ddelcastilloperez@hotels.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We are interested in the possibility of including a set of additional
> properties when scheduling entities (specifically jobs.) I've been looking
> through the code and I've seen some support for this has been introduced
> but the feature ins't implemented yet. I've browsed Jira looking for such
> ticket but I couldn't find it.
>
> I already have an implementation in my local repository which I have
> tested with one of my jobs. I'll be happy to contribute this code code if
> no one is working on this at the moment.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

receipt.