Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Marcello Nuccio <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 08:47:09 UTC

How-to handle authentication on CouchDB 1.1?

I have a password protected database, i.e. with a non-empty security object.

In CouchDB-1.0 I used the configuration option
`authentication_redirect` to redirect unauthenticated users to a
different not password protected database to handle authentication. I
wrote my own couchapp for this:
https://bitbucket.org/marcenuc/cerbero/src

In CouchDB-1.1 `authentication_redirect` does not work any more, so
the unauthenticated user gets an "Not authorized" error and no
authentication form.

How is authentication handled on CouchDB-1.1?

thanks,
  Marcello