Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2007/01/22 23:09:32 UTC

Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor

Olivier napisał(a):
> Hi all && happy new year,
>
> I' ve started few months ago to build a sitemap cocoon editor as an
> eclipse plugin.
> My first goal was to "play" with eclipse plugins, EMF, WSTTranslator
> and more ...
> I think that the proof of concept is done.
> Is there anybody in there that would be interested in contributing :
> - code,
> - code,
> - icons,
> - ideas
There was Lepido project at one time but unfortunately it died :(
Have you looked at it? What functionality your editor covers? Is there
any place we can see it?

I was thinking about developing plug-in for Eclipse's Test and
Performance Tools Platform, but I have no time for this interesting kind
of activity, now. Also, higher place on my priority list takes writing
some tutorials about incoming C2.2. I could help but not sooner than in
a month. Is there any guarantee that you will have enough time to guide
the effort?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor

Posted by Olivier <ol...@orcades.net>.
Thomas Markus wrote:
> maybe its easier to include the schema and use a schema aware xml
> editor (or dtd)
sure, but I like to show my pipeline in specific pane, add completion
with right component (and those included in mother sitemap) and more ...

Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.

Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor

Posted by Olivier <ol...@orcades.net>.

Re: Sitemap schema (Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor)

Posted by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie>.
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2007, at 2:17 AM, Peter Flynn wrote:
>
>> I couldn't find a DTD or Schema anywhere though: I'm sure there's one
>> around -- it's just not obvious. The link to sitemap-2.1-draft.xsd on
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html is broken,
>> and all the mentions seem to point at drafts.
>>
>> It looks as if it was just made up as things developed, so what needs
>> doing is retro-fitting it properly, which will be made harder if the
>> development process has not documented the various values or data
>> models that are allowed or disallowed for (eg) attribute values.
>
> Just created last week:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/tools/src/sitemap-1.0.xsd?view=markup

Excellent, very many thanks.

///Peter
--
Peter Flynn		Electronic Publishing Unit, UCC Computer Centre
+353 21 490 2609	University College Cork, Ireland. pflynn@ucc.ie

Sitemap schema (Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor)

Posted by Mark Lundquist <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 24, 2007, at 2:17 AM, Peter Flynn wrote:

> I couldn't find a DTD or Schema anywhere though: I'm sure there's one
> around -- it's just not obvious. The link to sitemap-2.1-draft.xsd on
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html is broken,
> and all the mentions seem to point at drafts.
>
> It looks as if it was just made up as things developed, so what needs
> doing is retro-fitting it properly, which will be made harder if the
> development process has not documented the various values or data
> models that are allowed or disallowed for (eg) attribute values.

Just created last week:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/tools/src/
sitemap-1.0.xsd?view=markup

cheers,
—ml—

Re: [contrib] Cocoon editor

Posted by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Olivier napisał(a):
>> Hi all && happy new year,
>>
>> I' ve started few months ago to build a sitemap cocoon editor as an
>> eclipse plugin.
>> My first goal was to "play" with eclipse plugins, EMF, WSTTranslator
>> and more ...
>> I think that the proof of concept is done.
>> Is there anybody in there that would be interested in contributing :
>> - code,
>> - code,
>> - icons,
>> - ideas
> There was Lepido project at one time but unfortunately it died :(
> Have you looked at it? What functionality your editor covers? Is there
> any place we can see it?
>
> I was thinking about developing plug-in for Eclipse's Test and
> Performance Tools Platform, but I have no time for this interesting kind
> of activity, now. Also, higher place on my priority list takes writing
> some tutorials about incoming C2.2. I could help but not sooner than in
> a month. Is there any guarantee that you will have enough time to guide
> the effort?

If there was a DTD or Schema for sitemap.xmap files, then you could use
any normal XML editor, or make a stylesheet or customisation layer for a
selection of editors.

I couldn't find a DTD or Schema anywhere though: I'm sure there's one
around -- it's just not obvious. The link to sitemap-2.1-draft.xsd on
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html is broken,
and all the mentions seem to point at drafts.

It looks as if it was just made up as things developed, so what needs
doing is retro-fitting it properly, which will be made harder if the
development process has not documented the various values or data models
that are allowed or disallowed for (eg) attribute values.

Until that's done, it's pretty pointless trying to make an editor.

I did make up a DTD for sitemaps, but without proper documentation it's
not reliable. Generating documentation from a Schema is a singularly
pointless exercise.

///Peter