Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/27 23:19:32 UTC

Generating a facelets "myfaces.taglib.xml" file

What ever became of the codegen stuff?

I was hoping to submit a patch to automatically build a
myfaces.taglib.xml file for use with the facelets project, but I can't
seem to find it anymore.

========================

<facelet-taglib>
	<namespace>http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions</namespace>
#foreach ($c in $componentList)
	<tag>
		<tag-name>$c.baseJSPTagName</tag-name>
		<component>
			<component-type>${c.componentType}</component-type>
#if ($c.rendererType)
			<renderer-type>${c.rendererType}</renderer-type>
#end## if ($c.rendererType)
		</component>
	</tag>
#end## foreach ($c in $componentList)
</facelet-taglib>

========================

Re: Generating a facelets "myfaces.taglib.xml" file

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
In my personal experience I have used the codegen stuff of myfaces to
create new components, because you only define the xml and the
component is created magically :-). I know there is also the stuff to
generate the taglib for the wml stuff, but this one, IMO, could be
eliminated and only we should kept the generated taglib and maintain
it manually...

Bruno

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> I also think that most of the component documentation could have
> easily been generated from the xml file using your template instead of
> having individuals go through and manually type in all of that
> information.

Perhaps.  Lately I've been thinking about a way to automate this by
using the source and TLD.  Maybe that would be the next best thing at
this stage in the game.

> -Mike

sean

Re: Generating a facelets "myfaces.taglib.xml" file

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
It would be good to provide a single authoritative source of information.

If you want to easily support other view handlers, you may need to
generate some configuration files for them.

For example, facelets needs configuration information in this format:

<tag>
		<tag-name>aliasBean</tag-name>
		<component>
			<component-type>org.apache.myfaces.AliasBean</component-type>
			<renderer-type>org.apache.myfaces.AliasBean</renderer-type>
		</component>
</tag>

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@mac.com>.