Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2015/07/25 22:12:55 UTC

Re: [] Release Jena 3.0.0 RC1

On 25/07/15 21:08, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> Proposed dist/ area:
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/

There is a slight variation to the release process here.  Instead of a
copy of the proposed dist/ area in people.apache.org, this RC used the
development svn area on dist.apache.org

Like all projects, we have two areas dev/jena and release/jena. The
latter is copied to www.apache.org/dist/jena.

The advantage is that svn mv can be used to go from vote bytes to
release bytes.

(Our release documentation hasn't not been updated yet to mention this)

	Andy

Re: [] Release Jena 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 26/07/15 12:02, Claude Warren wrote:
> I assume the javadocs are not updated on the staging site until release is
> performed?  Otherwise I am missing where the Permissions documentation is
> created (rather than the old security name)

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JENA/Release+Process

Updating the javadoc isn't trivial in terms of time taken (lots of bytes
to xfer) but it is a mechanical task.  If anything structural has
changed, then the site content, not just the javadoc tree needs updating.

The link on the frontpage to "security" javadoc isn't part of the java
doc.  Could you fix that please?

Also - javadoc/security/... then I guess its done when the javadoc is
rebuilt but I for one didn't know about that.

I thought I had a shell script to sort out the javadoc which I can't
find ATM (but then I'm not on my usual machine)

	Andy
	from the middle of the Exmoor National Park (UK)

PS If you could do JENA-993 - you have JIRA rights.

Re: [] Release Jena 3.0.0 RC1

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Yes it should.  and thx

<http://like-like.xenei.com>