Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/17 09:18:05 UTC

More than 2 DNS servers

Hello CloudStack community,

Is anyone aware if it is possible to configure Virtual Router with more
than 2 DNS servers? Docs and code I managed to find suggest 2 is current
limitation,
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/quickinstallationguide/qig.html?highlight=internal%20dns%20#setting-up-a-zone

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/1d05fead49f5c856257a741b07122f5633d2e359/setup/db/create-schema.sql#L583-L586

While some other settings (by comments) do support comma separated list of
DNS servers
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/1d05fead49f5c856257a741b07122f5633d2e359/setup/db/create-schema.sql#L257-L258

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavic.

Re: More than 2 DNS servers

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Pozdrav :)

I don't think it's possible, afaik, it's only one IP for dns1/dns2 (though
the last link says differently) - but nothing stops you from trying  - edit
a zone with a comma-separated list of IPs in i.e. DNS1, and then spin a new
VR and see what's inside it's /etc/resolv.conf file.

Cheers,

--

Andrija Panić