Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/19 03:01:58 UTC

Custom Request Subclass

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.14 and I need to override the
Request.configureSessionCookie method to call setDomain on the Cookie
(so the session cookie can be shared across subdomains).  Is there any
way to tell Tomcat to instantiate & use my Request subclass instead of
Request itself?

Thanks,
Zach

Re: Custom Request Subclass

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Custom Request Subclass

Posted by Ch...@barclayscapital.com.
One possibility is to use a servlet filter to wrap the tomcat
instantiated request in your own request, which overrides the desired
method.

public class MyFilter implements javax.servlet.Filter {
	..
	public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse
response,
				FilterChain filterChain) {
		MyRequest myRequest = new MyRequest(request);
		filterChain.doFilter(myRequest, response);
	}
	..
}

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.14 and I need to override the
Request.configureSessionCookie method to call setDomain on the Cookie
(so the session cookie can be shared across subdomains).  Is there any
way to tell Tomcat to instantiate & use my Request subclass instead of
Request itself?

Thanks,
Zach

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.