Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by emily chen <em...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/11 22:07:33 UTC

Lateral TCP Cache error: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Hi there,

  I changed my web application to use JCS TCP Lateral Cache, and performed testing as following:
  1) started up two Tomcat instance in my PC.
  2) login to Tomcat1, then retrieved the Product Report data from database.
  3) login to Tomcat2, then shut down the Tomcat2 server. Restarted Tomcat2 server, then relogin again.
  4) sent a request to Tomcat1 to get the Batch Report data, and found following error message in Tomcat1 logfile:
  2006-07-10 15:39:42,121 [CacheEventQueue.QProcessor-ePINBatchSummaryReportCache] ERROR org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPSender - Detected problem with connection: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
2006-07-10 15:39:42,121 [CacheEventQueue.QProcessor-ePINBatchSummaryReportCache] ERROR org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCache - Disabling lateral cache due to error Failed to put CacheKey{keyParameters=[report]} to ePINBatchSummaryReportCache
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

  I think the TCP connections should be recreated when Tomcat2 was startup. but it isn't. Any idea why?

  It that mean if one of my Tomcat Servers down,  I need to shutdwon all the Tomcat servers and restart them to solve this TCP connection problem?

  Thanks for your help,

  Emily