Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Dirceu Semighini Filho <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/22 15:51:04 UTC

NotebookRepos

Hi,
I'm looking into the zeppelin notebook repos, and I couldn't find a way do
display an error, if my write operation fail.
The create repository operation is handled by
org.apache.zeppelin.socket.NotebookServer.onMessage
And this method catches an Exception and log an error message.
Is there any plan to change this behavior? I have faced a problem writing
to an S3 bucket when my network failed.

Regards,
Dirceu

Re: NotebookRepos

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Dirceu,

Thanks for the feedback.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-269 implements notification
service in front-end. But there're no equivalent part in the back-end side
yet.
If there're some notification service in a back-end side that propagate
messages to front-end, the service could be used in notebook repo.
Please file an issue for it if you don't mind.

Thanks,
moon