Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marco <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/15 15:27:25 UTC

dataList question

Hi All ;

I have a dataList that generates commandLink(s) and i specified the action
attribute to the generated links to a backing bean method.

But the action method is not called after clicking the generated links.

So what should i do ?

Thanks a lot

Re: dataList question

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

A subview tag is recommended when using jsp:include, but it isn't
mandatory. All it does is establish a new "namespace", so that any ids
used in components in the included page can't conflict with ids in the
including page. In this case, none of the components in the alphabet.jsp
page have explicit "id" attributes so there's no danger of that.

Regards,

Simon

Re: dataList question

Posted by Michael Ageeb <mi...@acm.org>.

Re: dataList question

Re: dataList question

Posted by Volker Weber <us...@weber-oldenburg.de>.
Hi,

Please post your code!

The relevant jsp, including the datatable definition, and the action code.

Otherwise noone can guess what is wrong and/or how to solve.

Regards,
  Volker

--
Don't answer to From: address!

Re: dataList question

Posted by Marco <ma...@gmail.com>.
I did checked everything but nothing worked.

Re: dataList question

Posted by Michael Ageeb <mi...@acm.org>.
u may check for exceptions in this action method also u may check that you
typed the action method name and its bean name correct !!