Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Cui, Fanzhe" <fa...@intel.com> on 2006/08/28 23:56:57 UTC

ActiveMQ comparing to OpenMQ

Anybody has any comments on this?

How do we position our ActiveMQ comparing to Sun's Java Open Message
Queue that can be found on https://mq.dev.java.net/

Anybody ever compared performances and features between these two
software? I feel that ActiveMQ is the biggest open source message queue
software.

Thank you!
Fanz

Re: ActiveMQ comparing to OpenMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/28/06, Cui, Fanzhe <fa...@intel.com> wrote:
> Anybody has any comments on this?
>
> How do we position our ActiveMQ comparing to Sun's Java Open Message
> Queue that can be found on https://mq.dev.java.net/
>
> Anybody ever compared performances and features between these two
> software? I feel that ActiveMQ is the biggest open source message queue
> software.

OpenMQ looks pretty new. e.g. there's no real email activity yet...

https://mq.dev.java.net/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=users
https://mq.dev.java.net/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=dev

whereas Apache ActiveMQ is crazy busy
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-users/
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/

so I guess its too early for any users to give any feedback. It might
be interesting to do some performance comparisons though
--

James
-------