Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2001/01/18 07:31:17 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets WebdavServlet.java

remm@apache.org wrote:

> remm        01/01/17 17:43:10
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
>                         WebdavServlet.java
>   Log:
>   - Add a Microsoft specific header in response to OPTIONS request, mirroring
>     what mod_dav is doing.
>     Should enhance compatibility with older MS clients.

In general, I hope we are cautious about adding non-standard headers like this.  It is not a precedent I particularly like, but I can see the reasoning
for doing it this time.

Craig

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets WebdavServlet.java

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> In general, I hope we are cautious about adding non-standard headers like
this.  It is not a precedent I particularly like, but I can see the
reasoning
> for doing it this time.

Agreed, but apprently mod_dav (ie, Apache 2.0) is doing the same.
It's such an insignificant change that I couldn't find a valid reason to
justify why we shouldn't include it. If it was more significant (like MS
proprietary property types), I wouldn't even think about adding it.

Remy