Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Derick <de...@xenocex.com> on 2002/08/31 04:34:57 UTC

TDK 2.1 Newapp Question

Opening up: http://localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp presents the normal
login screen, how ever if I enter an invalid username/password and log in,
The app displays the login prompt again with the Menu.vm file on the left.

Why does it display Default.vm: ($navigation.setTemplate("/Menu.vm"),
instead of Login.vm as specified in TR.props, It would seem inefficient to
do this
using $data.User.hasLoggedIn(). What is the correct way to handle this minor
problem?

I am using TDK Ver 2.1.

Also there seems to be a bug in the ant build script. It doesnt detect the
extension correctly and I have had to do this:

In
D:\tdk\webapps\newapp\WEB-INF\build\build.xml

Change:
  <target name="set-os">
    <property name="is${os.name}" value="true"/>
  </target>

To:
  <target name="set-os">
    <property name="is.Windows" value="true"/>
  </target>

Derick

Re: TDK 2.1 Newapp Question

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: "Derick" <de...@xenocex.com>
>
> Opening up: http://localhost:8080/newapp/servlet/newapp presents the normal
> login screen, how ever if I enter an invalid username/password and log in,
> The app displays the login prompt again with the Menu.vm file on the left.
>
> Why does it display Default.vm: ($navigation.setTemplate("/Menu.vm"),
> instead of Login.vm as specified in TR.props, It would seem inefficient to
> do this
> using $data.User.hasLoggedIn(). What is the correct way to handle this minor
> problem?
>
> I am using TDK Ver 2.1.

Can't say why off hand.  Newapp in tdk2.1 has a few bugs, you may like to
try tdk2.2b3.

> Also there seems to be a bug in the ant build script. It doesnt detect the
> extension correctly and I have had to do this:
>
> In
> D:\tdk\webapps\newapp\WEB-INF\build\build.xml
>
> Change:
> <target name="set-os">
>   <property name="is${os.name}" value="true"/>
> </target>
>
> To:
> <target name="set-os">
>   <property name="is.Windows" value="true"/>
> </target>

Without looking at the logic involved, this has never caused me any problems
without your suggested change.

Cheers,

Scott
--