Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2004/02/14 12:42:25 UTC

[website][PROPOSAL] (small) reorganization of news

i've now discovered that news from jakarta is being disseminated to a
wider audience. this is a good thing but a bit unexpected (at least to
me). this raises the issue that we do not - at the moment - have
permanent urls for our news stories. they go into news.xml which is
then archived. this means that any people who link to our stories will
find that the urls will be broken when the news is archived.

i think that it'd be a good idea to convert the news.xml page into an
contents page for all our news (including the newsletters). existing
news from 2004 would go into a new news-2004JanFebMarApr.xml file to
which future news would be added.

it might be a good idea to move all news into the news subfolder (and
redirect urls to there) but i'd like opinions to hear on this change.

i'll give anyone who's interested in commenting till monday to post
ideas to improve this plan or - indeed - to blow this plan out of the
water.

- robert

Re: [website][PROPOSAL] (small) reorganization of news

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Sounds like a very good idea to me. [+1]

Hen