Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Cristian Vidal Silva <vi...@msu.edu> on 2015/04/07 01:08:33 UTC

About Issues Installing Giraph

Hi Dear.

I want to install Giraph and I've followed a few tutorials. Everything
seems OK, but at the end of installation I obtained the same error:

"[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.4:process
(default) on project giraph-parent: Error finding remote resources
manifests:
/usr/local/giraph/target/maven-shared-archive-resources/META-INF/NOTICE
(No such file or directory) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
"
These are the final messages after various messages like:

"[INFO]
[INFO] Skipping Apache Giraph Core
[INFO] This project has been banned from the build due to previous
failures.
[INFO]
"
The command that generates these messages is: mvn -Phadoop_2 -fae
-DskipTests clean install ...

I need to install Giraph even in a Cloudera or Ubuntu virtual machine to
test my solutions...

--
Cristian Vidal Silva
Computer Engineer