Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Юрий Бабак <y....@gmail.com> on 2018/09/26 17:30:26 UTC

[ML] New features and improvement of ML module for 2.7 release

Hello Igniters,

I want to make up some overview of all features and major improvement of ML
module for this release.

So let me start from the one of our main feature for this release:

*TensorFlow integration* <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8670>

This integration allows us to use Apache Ignite as a data source for
TensorFlow. Also, this integration will allow creating and maintaining
TensorFlow clusters over Apache Ignite and submit TF jobs to those
clusters. More details in the related umbrella ticket.

Also, for this release we have some new algorithms:

* Random forest  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8840>
* Gradient boosted trees <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7149>
* Logistic regression[binary
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8403>][multi-class
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8511>]
* ANN <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9261>

New features related with data preprocessing:

* Pipeline <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9158>
* L1,L2 normalization <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8663>
* Data filtering for new datasets
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8666>
* Encoding categorical features [OneHotEncoder
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8680>][OneOfKEncoder
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8664>]
* Imputer and Binarizer <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8567>
* MaxAbsScaler <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9285>
* Dataset splitting <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8667>

New features for a model validation:

* Model estimator <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8669>
* k-fold cross-validation
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8668>
* Param grid for tuning hyper-parameters in cross-validation
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8924>

Other features and improvements:

* Model updating <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9387>
* ML tutorial <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8741>
* Optional indexing for decision trees
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9064>
* Learning context for trainers(local parallelizing and logging of training
process) <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8981>
* Unification of API for feature extractor
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8907>
* Several tickets for removing old unused classes and improvements for code
coverage and examples [1 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9124>
][2 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9297>][3
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9146>][4
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9316>][5
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9348>][6
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-8450>]

Sincerely,
Yuriy Babak

Re: [ML] New features and improvement of ML module for 2.7 release

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
Whole documentation for all significant features/improvements was prepared by
different members of ML community and I hope it will be added to readme.io
by @ybabak in a few days.

Re: [ML] New features and improvement of ML module for 2.7 release

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Enormous and outstanding addition!

Yuriy, I've talked to Akmal and he is happy to help with the documentation.
Please start documenting everything and reach out Akmal directly.

--
Denis

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
I will try, Dmitriy, of course, to encourage contributors to other modules.
But from my side the main problem is not enough
screencasts/tutorials/examples to run something interesting about other
modules.
Great to see something tasty in examples folder in 2.7 release.

If you need my help with examples, I could try to help to other modules.

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Denis, Alexey,

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
Good idea, will do that in the nearest future

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Alexey,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Great stuff! Would be nice to see a series of blogs outlining Ignite ML
capabilities.This would give us a better momentum.

D.