Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1999/06/02 08:41:24 UTC

RE: Browsers supporting Digest Auth?

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Josh Cohen (Exchange) wrote:

> IE5 does support digest.  However, last I checked, the
> digest module wasnt compliant with the final digest spec.
> If memory serves, apache didnt support the client nonce, which
> IE insists upon since it increases security.
>
> Does anyone know the status of the module ?

If you've got a patch to fix this, that'd be cool.

I seem to recall that the final digest auth spec required state in the
HTTP server... which is like way hard to do in apache (easier with Ralf's
EAPI stuff).  But maybe I'm remembering something else.

If we're not compliant the module should either be ditched or fixed.

Dean