Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alagan Sathianathan <AS...@ifmc.sdps.org> on 2004/04/05 18:16:05 UTC

James to manage the bounced emails

I am using James to hadnle the bounced emails. When ever there is a bounced mail  from, it will be forwared to my James Server. I am running a thrad process to look at the bounced mails and forward the mails to some admin and delete the messages.

But I have problems in deleting the messages.Geting "javax.mail.MethodNotSupportedException: Expunge not supported
" . Here id the code:
//
public void process() {
		try {
			Message msgs[] = getMessages();
			if( msgs != null){
			log.info("Processing "+msgs.length+" Messages");
			}
			if (msgs != null)
				for (int i = 0; i < msgs.length; i++) {
					if (!wasProcessed(msgs[i])) {
						msg[i].setFlag(Flags.Flag.DELETED, true);					}
				}

			// Notify REPLYTO Address
			// TODO to be implemented
			// delete them from inbox  HAVING PROBELM HERE
			folder.expunge();

		} catch (Exception e) {
			// TODO: handle exception
			log.warn("Exception thrown");