Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/11 01:04:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release commons-parent 14

Hi,

I'd like to release version 14 of the commons-parent pom to fix the
problems in the last release. The changes are:

1. Downgrade maven-site-plugin to 2.0.1 (MSITE-464)
2. Downgrade maven-javadoc-plugin to 2.5 (MJAVADOC-275)
3. Downgrade maven-bundle-plugin to 1.4.3 (JDK 1.4 compat)
4. Downgrade maven-remote-resources-plugin to 1.1 (JDK 1.4 compat)
5. Move maven-javadoc-plugin <source> config out of <pluginManagement>

A full diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=920946&r2=920037&diff_format=h

The version number in the pom will be updated automatically during the
release process.

[ ] +1
[ ] =0
[ ] -1

Vote is open for 72 hours

Niall

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent 14

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:40 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/03/2010, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I'd like to release version 14 of the commons-parent pom to fix the
>>  problems in the last release. The changes are:
>>
>>  1. Downgrade maven-site-plugin to 2.0.1 (MSITE-464)
>>  2. Downgrade maven-javadoc-plugin to 2.5 (MJAVADOC-275)
>>  3. Downgrade maven-bundle-plugin to 1.4.3 (JDK 1.4 compat)
>>  4. Downgrade maven-remote-resources-plugin to 1.1 (JDK 1.4 compat)
>>  5. Move maven-javadoc-plugin <source> config out of <pluginManagement>
>>
>>  A full diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
>>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=920946&r2=920037&diff_format=h
>>
>>  The version number in the pom will be updated automatically during the
>>  release process.
>>
>>  [ ] +1
>>  [ ] =0
>>  [ ] -1
>>

> Can we include the new java profiles?

I'm OK with that, but I'd prefer my variation on your patch.

Niall

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi Niall,
>
> can I politely ask for an extended voting period - I would like to have a
> closer look on Sunday/Monday ...

Sure no problem.

Niall

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Niall,

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have added the new profiles for different java versions suggested by Sebb:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=921843
>
> New diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=921843&r2=920037&diff_format=h
>
> If anyone wants more time to review these changes then please shout
> and we can extend the voting period.

Theres a section that describes how to use these profiles on the new
"commons-parent" page:

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/commons/commons-parent-pom.html#Testing_with_different_Java_versions

Niall

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
+1

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release commons-parent 14

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/03/2010, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This vote has passed with four +1 votes (all binding) from the following people:
>>
>>  Jörg Schaible
>>  Rahul Akolkar
>>  Siegfried Goeschl
>>  Niall Pemberton
>
> There have been some essential changes since r920946 - we are now at r923384.
> I can't see the point of releasing the former, as it has quite a few problems.

Agreed, I'm releasing r923384 - I posted a revised diff for r921843
four days ago - since then there have only been a couple of minor
changes/fixes.

http://markmail.org/message/yo4z5edc56vd7mkb

Niall

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi Niall,
>
> did a quick test on commons-exec on Mac OS 10.6 and everything seems okay

Great thanks

Niall

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Niall,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/03/2010, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I'd like to release version 14 of the commons-parent pom to fix the
>  > problems in the last release. The changes are:
>  >
>  > 1. Downgrade maven-site-plugin to 2.0.1 (MSITE-464)
>  > 2. Downgrade maven-javadoc-plugin to 2.5 (MJAVADOC-275)
>  > 3. Downgrade maven-bundle-plugin to 1.4.3 (JDK 1.4 compat)
>  > 4. Downgrade maven-remote-resources-plugin to 1.1 (JDK 1.4 compat)
>  > 5. Move maven-javadoc-plugin <source> config out of <pluginManagement>
>  >
>  > A full diff of the pom.xml can be found at this address:
>  > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=920946&r2=920037&diff_format=h
>  >
>  > The version number in the pom will be updated automatically during the
>  > release process.
>  >
>  > [ ] +1
>  > [ ] =0
>  > [ ] -1
>  >
>  > Vote is open for 72 hours
>  >
>  > Niall
>

> This is probably a stupid question, but what is the best way to test
>  commons-parent pom releases?

This is what I did:

Use mvn install to copy the pom to private repo

Temporarily change component pom to use (e.g.) 14-SNAPSHOT version of
parent pom.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1