Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com> on 2010/03/20 18:08:44 UTC

Confusion about how the "Run Service" Webtools tool works

Hello List:

Back in the "old" days, you could use the Webtools "Run Service" tool to
invoke a service synchronously from an HTML form. The process was, if
I'm not mistaken: enter in the service name, any input parameters, hit
submit and the Service was run. You didn't need to schedule it to have
it run.

I'm trying to use the 9.04 & Trunk versions of the "Run Service" tool
with testScv (as my service to run) and it appears as though I'm not
able to run the service without actually scheduling it. Although the
"Run Service" tool to tells me that my service was "Scheduled"
successfully it never shows up any where on the Service Log.

Am I not using this tool correctly? Do I need to also "schedule" a
service to have it run using the "Run Service" tool?
TIA
Ruth

Re: Confusion about how the "Run Service" Webtools tool works

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yes, I have noticed this as well, there is probably a wrong redirect.

Jacopo

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
To answer my own question: