Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Aaron Knauf <Aa...@geniesystems.com> on 2000/05/26 08:20:35 UTC

Logging in Ant

Re: Logging in Ant

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 AK> Has anyone here had a look at IBM's java logging toolkit (JLog)?

[Good stuff on how useful it'd be deleted.]

 AK> Can anyone see a reason not to use it?

It would make Ant depend on it.

Currently all you need is JDK 1.1 and a JAXP compliant XML parser
(with the reference implementation being shipped with the binary
releases).

The script task went into "optional" because Ant shouldn't depend on
BSF.

 AK> The license is the same as BSF.  I'm not a lawyer, but it looks
 AK> like it's free.

Apart from the added dependency this might be an issue, but IANAL
either.

Stefan