Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Sebastian Samaruga <ss...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 01:55:40 UTC

Semantic Web driven Business Integration via ESB

Our attempt is to build a systems integration framework which leverages the
possibilities of different datasources with different schema and different
services with different APIs to interact with each other in a called
"Business Domain Integration of Problem spaces".

For example, there could be DBs regarding customers, services regarding
orders and an ERP handling inventory tasks, each from a different
organization or business.

The task in hand is to leverage the 'semantic' capabilities of the Semantic
Web in order to being able to build 'metamodels' which abstract
interactions of components from their underlying platforms, treating
different source components in the same way due to Functional Programming
techniques.

This is possible of being achieved de-aggregating everything into its
constituent parts and performing sorts of 'alignments' between
corresponding parts at each level (schema / instances of data, information
and knowledge) of, for example: DB tables, columns, rows, services
behaviors, etc.

The point is that Apache ServiceMix / JBoss Fuse seems as an ideal platform
for this endeavor. As I have no prior experience in these products I ask
myself if I'll be able to construct the necessary custom routing (reactive)
components for this layering of models and also a custom OSGi blueprint
namespace for ease of declarative implementation of solutions.

As far as the project goes there is only a bunch of documents into a GitHub
repository while we finish the analysis and design phase. Please consider
that we are looking for help into the right manner to implement this
'correctly' on these platforms.

Our current 'work' is available at:
https://www.github.com/CognescentBI/BISemantics

Thanks in advance. Best,
Sebastián Samaruga
---
http://exampledotorg.blogspot.com.ar/2017/09/hi-everyone-im-
sebastian-software.html

Re: Semantic Web driven Business Integration via ESB

Posted by Corrado Campisano <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastien,

I'd start by defining/developing/testing the "ontology for business" you
may want to use,
using a tool like Protege' or TopBraid Composer.

Once you have a working ontology, that has to be "hard coded" in universaal.

Regards,
Corrado.

Posted by Sebastian Samaruga <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Corrado Campisano <co...@gmail.com>.