Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/17 19:23:45 UTC

Project Status page

Folks,

I am updating our Project Status Page
<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/datasketches.html>, but I could use
your help:

Where I could, I have filled in where data was missing. However, there are
some areas under *Incubation work items* where I could use your opinion, or
help from the mentors.  If I am not interpreting these questions correctly,
please let me know!

* *Infrastructure*, I don't have exact dates for when the INFRA team set up
the JIRA and Confluence site.  They are clearly set up, so I just added the
annotation "Completed".

* *Mentor-related responsibility/oversight*. I think one of the mentors
should fill this section out.

* *Copyright and IP*.  I added the dates that the Secretary acknowledged
receipt of Software Grant, SGA and IP.  I can also add the Permalinks to
the actual acknowledgement emails if needed.

* *Establish a list of active committers*. I added the actual list of
active committers to satisfy the 2nd item in the table just below.

* *Incubation*.  These questions are framed as being more rhetorical and
not requiring specific answers, e.g., "Done", but evaluated over the length
of the Incubation.  Nonetheless:

    * Have all of the active long-term volunteers been identified and
acknowledged as committers on the project?
*Yes*. See the list.

    * Are there three or more independent committers? *Yes:* Yahoo/VM,
HyperCube, Georgetown Univ., Time and Space Consultancy

    * Are project decisions being made in public by the committers?
    We need to hear from the community on this one.

    * Are the decision-making guidelines published and agreed to by all of
the committers?
    I don't think we have this.  Any suggestions on what form this should
take?

Cheers,

Lee.

Re: Project Status page

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
WRT:  Project Status Page
<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/datasketches.html>

I have received no feedback on our Project Status Page so I presume the
updates that I did to the site are OK.

Lee.