Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yasuyuki Watanabe <ya...@kddilabs.jp> on 2009/03/04 07:13:50 UTC

binary format for streaming

Hi,

I would like to know the status of binary input/output format
support for streaming.

We found HADOOP-3227 and it was open. So we just posted some
class files and patches we created. They will work with Hadoop 0.19.1.

[HADOOP-3227] Implement a binary input/output format for Streaming
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3227

Then, we also found HADOOP-1722 and it looks like its scope
includes binary format support for streaming and its status is
"resolved."

[HADOOP-1722] Make streaming to handle non-utf8 byte array
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1722

I suppose the patches in HADOOP-1722 are the right answer for
my question. If my understanding is correct, can I ask which
version of Hadoop will have this feature in it and when?

Thanks,

Yasu

Re: binary format for streaming

Posted by Yasuyuki Watanabe <yy...@kddi.com>.
Amareshwari,

All right. So I will try the patch for branch 0.18 first.

Thanks,

Yasu

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.