Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/08 19:44:15 UTC

Add maven2 resolver?

Hi,

Now that Ivy is using maven 2 repository as default public repository, and
that we see many people trying to leverage maven 2 repositories, I'm
wondering if we shouldn't introduce a maven2 resolver. This resolver would
basically be the equivalent of ibiblio resolver with m2compatible set to
true. The advantage is a better name, and we can make also other
improvements. For instance, we could set checkConsistency to false on this
resolver, since pretty often people complain about inconsitencies in maven2
repo (see for instance last comments on [1]). We may also set the
changingPattern to make SNAPSHOT dependencies work (more than that needs to
be done, this should be addressed in IVY-501). We may even try to make this
resolver leverage maven2 cache, for people who work with both Ivy and maven
2 on the same machine.

WDYT?

Xavier

[1]