Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerogi Danov <gd...@comsoft.bg> on 2000/09/04 10:13:20 UTC

question

Hi guys,
	As I am reading the sources of the current release of cocoon (1.7.4) and
wish to contribute some xdocs :), is there any timeline for cocoon2, because
there is no need of docs for old versions

C2 technology

Posted by Gerogi Danov <gd...@comsoft.bg>.
I am reading the document about cocoon2 available on xml.apache.org, and the
part about the "contracts" sounds little strange and obscured...
It's obvious that one html output can be produced in different ways using
cocoon, so will be there some sort of "well written" demo, that would guide
us to use Cocoon in the best way?  :)

Re: question

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 11:13:20AM +0300, Gerogi Danov wrote:
> Hi guys,
> 	As I am reading the sources of the current release of cocoon (1.7.4) and
> wish to contribute some xdocs :), is there any timeline for cocoon2, because
> there is no need of docs for old versions

The need for docs in C2 is much higher that for C1. If you could contribute some docs for C2 that would be cool. The timeline for C2 is first beta release in October (ApacheCon) and first production release for the end of the year. I think the architecture is stable enough to be documented :)

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch