Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Sam K. Raju" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/15 20:34:33 UTC

[RCP] How to add a Table or other components in an Editor for a custom file type

Hi,

I am developing an application using Netbeans RCP. I registered a new file
type with extension 'api' and mime-type 'text/x-api' and added Editor and
Editor Library 2 to my application dependency.

I created an explore view with an action to open a new file "test.api". It
opens my file in an editor with a toolbar with default actions like
indentation, highlight, macro, etc.

I want to add a splitter to the window where the editor is shown in the
upper part and a table in the lower part of the splitter. What I want to
achieve is something similar to the SQL file editor where you write SQL
queries in the editor and the result of the SQL query is shown in the table
in the same window.

Could someone please help me with this?

--
Thanks and regards,